The Lions of Uniondale and Knysna’s main objective is to ensure the safety of our athletes and crew, but at the same time guarantee that everyone taking part in this is still treated to a great experience. The event management are making decisions which are primarily based on restrictions implemented by government along with information from authorities, risk assessments and forecasts. We have hired a Covid Compliance officer to guide us in 2021 and he has created a plan that has kept relevant rules and regulations and safety measures in place to comply and successfully host an event if permitted by the government. Any changes to the current event date will be communicated timeously to all entrants with various options at your disposal.
RACE RULES (INCLUDING TERMS & CONDITIONS OF ENTRY)
All participants must comply with the following rules, terms and conditions. Disregard for any of them will be deemed sufficient grounds for disqualification.
Every participant must:
- Wear a bicycle helmet, with the strap securely fastened tightly under his/her chin. NO HELMET, NO RIDE.
- Ride carefully and with due regard to the safety of other cyclists and road users.
- Ride as close to the left-hand side of the road surface as is safe to do, keeping in mind that motor vehicles may also be on the route. Participants must not cross the centre of the road, except as directed by a race marshal or traffic officer.
- Obey all traffic regulations and comply instantly with instructions from race and/or traffic officials.
- Make way for emergency vehicles.
- Ride in a predictable and responsible manner.
- Pull off the road to obtain refreshments or to do repairs, clearly signalling your intention to do so.
- The organisers reserve the right to cancel the event at any stage should they consider that it is not in the best interests of the participants to continue.
- The judges’ decisions will be final.
- All decisions by timekeepers and race officials will also be deemed final. Any objections must be logged with the Race Commissare within thirty minutes of the participant finishing his/her race.
- Bicycles, tandems and other machines fitted with unconventional handlebars, including triathlon-bars, aerobics, clip-ons, prayer bars and cowbars are not permitted in any category.
- All participants must:
- Be in their respective holding areas at least 20 minutes before the start of their race. Once in the area, participants may not leave. They must wear their masks in the start chutes.
- Complete the course under their own power.
- Provide reasonable assistance to any other participant involved in an accident.
- Accept responsibility for the proper control of his/her bicycle.
- Participants must not:
- Use personal music devices, radio communication devices nor mobile telephones whilst riding.
- Ride with another participant’s timing chip or number.
- Give his/her participant number or timing chip to another participant.
- Use foul or offensive language or make offensive, indecent or inappropriate gestures.
- Dispose of litter along the route, except in designated receptacles.
- Smoke along the route, except in designated zones.
- Start, or attempt to start before his/her designated start group.
- Ride in the reverse direction, even after finishing.
- Ride the route more than once, without first obtaining permission to do so.
- Participate whilst under the influence of alcohol or any other drug or medication which prevents proper control of his/her bicycle
- Seconding is not permitted along the route and NO supporters may drive the route while the event is in progress.
- No participant may carry a passenger. e.g. a child in a baby seat.
- Entry fees are not refundable if a rider can no longer participate.
- Refund Policy should the event be postponed due to Covid-19. Options = Refund minus admin fee, migration of entry to the 2022 event or the donation of your entry fee to the charities that own the event.
- Late entries will not be accepted at Registration nor on the morning of the event.
Entrants and participants (“participants”) in the CCPP Group Lions Karoo to Coast Mountain Bike Event (“The Event”) acknowledge that although all precautions have been taken by the organising body to ensure the safety of all participants, there may be dangers inherent in participation in the Event and activities related thereto. Participants voluntarily assume the risks of attendance at and participation in the Event and hereby waive all claims of whatsoever nature and howsoever arising in relation to the Event or otherwise against any parties, including but not limited to the organising body, the sponsors, the advertisers, any local authority and/or directors, employees, suppliers and assistants of these parties, including any individual, PG Bison Southern Cape (Pty) Ltd, Denron, SANParks, Cape Pine, official, marshal or agent (“the Parties”). Participants hereby irrevocably indemnify and hold harmless the Parties against liability and claims of any nature whatsoever and arising (whether directly or indirectly caused and whether arising from negligence, albeit gross, or from the participation or involvement in or passage to or from the Event or otherwise) including but not limited to liability for delay, inconvenience, accident, death, injury, illness to their person, or loss or damage to property or costs and expenses sustained, incurred or put to by Participants and/or by any minor children under the care or control of Participants. Parents or guardians authorising a minor’s participation in the Event, which shall prima facie be evidenced by their signature on the entry form, hereby consent to such minor being bound to the afore going and further indemnify the parties to the extent, if any, to which such minor is not capable of waiving his/her rights as stipulated above.
I agree to abide by the rules of the CCPP Group Lions Karoo to Coast Mountain Bike Challenge. Parent/guardians of minors confirm by ticking this box that this minor (if under 21 years) may compete in this event.
PLEASE NOTE: All riders are required to ride with RaceTec Timing devices – either a timing chip for the Road Races or a RacTec timing board for the MTB Races – these can be purchased when entering the event.